In 1989, the Woodbury Jewish Center began as an idea in the hearts and minds of a small group of dedicated families. Since that time, I have had the pleasure of watching our congregation and synagogue grow into a wonderful center of Jewish life.
Today, we have over 400 member families, with room for significantly more. Our mission is to be both a beacon and a mooring for families interested in traditional Judaic values.
- Our activities are broad in scope and include spiritual, social, and educational opportunities for each and every one of us:
- Our nursery school introduces Jewish holidays, customs and traditions to over 200 delightful pre-kindergardeners;
- Our religious school educates over 300 children in Hebrew history, thought, values and language;
- Our Youth Group for pre-Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and USY Group for teens each offers a full calendar of secular and religious events;
- Our Men's Club and Sisterhood hold monthly meetings and sponsor a wide range of social gatherings and community services;
- Our adult education curriculum covers a rich course of studies into our common heritage and includes an adult bar/bat mitzvah program;
- Our seniors group is now established and active; and
- Our schedule of worship extends from weekday minyans, to weekly Shabbat services, to the High Holidays.